IMPORTANT - Merit badge counselors still needed for these MB:
October 18, 2014 8:30am - 4:00pm
|WHO:||Scouts from the Twin Bayou and Aquila Districts.
There are also training courses for adult leaders.
|WHERE:||St. Thomas High School, 4500 Memorial Dr. at Shepherd
For map to the location, click here.
|WHAT:||Scouts may work on one or two badges with counselors and other Scouts.
Most classes are 3 hrs long, but some classes are longer.
|COST:||$15 activity fee per Scout to cover lunch, registration, insurance, supply costs and participation patch.
Extra fees may apply to specific classes. Please check class listing for any extra fees.
Fee is due with registration to reserve space.
|LUNCH:||Noon to 1:00 pm. One Chick-fil-A sandwich, chips, and bottled water.
Additional snacks available for purchase.
|DRESS:||Class A uniform is REQUIRED for admission to fair.|
|REGISTRATION:||Online ore-registration is required and closes Thursday, October 2.
Scouts will be registered on a first come/first served basis.
Registration has opened: Register HERE!
Merit Badge Pre-Requisites:
- Family Life Pre-Requisite Worksheet. Please bring with you to the event.
- Information for all other Merit Badge pre-requisites can be found here.
Merit Badges Offered: Architecture, Automotive Maintenance, Chemistry, Chess, Citizenship in the Community, Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the World, Communication, Computers, Emergency Preparedness, Entreprenuership, Family Life, First Aid, Inventing, Painting, Personal Fitness, Personal Management, Photography, Public Health, Public Speaking, Railroading, Soil & Water Conservation, Space Exploration
Cost: $15 per scout. Fee is required at registration! Fee covers lunch, registration, insurance, supply costs and participation patch. Lunch will be 1 Chick-Fil-A Sandwich, a bottle of water and chips. Additional snacks will be available for purchase.
ALL SCOUTS MUST BE IN FIELD UNIFORM TO ATTEND THIS EVENT!IMPORTANT PROCEDURES - READ CAREFULLY!
- Class assignments will be available to each Troop Advancement Chair prior to the Fair. Class assignments will NOT be sent to an individual scout. The Advancement Chair will notify scouts and may swap classes within the Troop. Other changes are NOT possible. Do not show up the day of the Fair to see “What’s available?” NO EXCEPTIONS!
- The number of scouts per merit badge class will be limited to better teach and complete the badge work.
- Scouts must provide their own merit badge book, which must be read before the class.
- Scouts may need to bring items to participate and complete requirements. Check MERIT BADGE Pre-Requisites (above link).
- EAGLE badges have requirements that need to be met before the Fair in order to complete the badge that day. (Check individual MERIT BADGE requirements)
- Classes will not all end at the same time; therefore, scouts will be required to go to a common activity area when their class concludes. Roaming of the halls and grounds will NOT be allowed.
- NO scout shall leave without checking with the adult volunteer from his troop and the registration table.
- If a scout is unable to attend once registered, please contact Troop Advancement Chairperson. NO REFUNDS.
- Requirements for all merit badges are found at:http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards/MeritBadges.aspx
NOTE: All visits required by various badges must be done AFTER the scout has received approval to start badge from his Scoutmaster. Visits done earlier or not in connection with the badge do not count.
NOTE: Scouts who have not read the merit badge book and are not prepared for the class may be asked to leave the class. Scouts that do not behave appropriately in class will be asked to leave. There will be NO refunds for those asked to leave a class because of failure to be prepared, wear their uniform, or because of behavior.
Activity Location: Map: 4500 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX 77007, USCancellation Policy: Because of the need to purchase program supplies in advance of an event of this nature, No Refunds will be provided.
Registration Procedure: Scouts must register using the on-line form at the following link:
Registration has not yet opened. When it opens, the link will appear here.
Scoutmaster Approval: Your Troop's Scoutmaster and/or advancement chairperson will be asked by the Merit Badge Fair staff to provide approval of the course selections assigned to you.
Pre-requisites: Completing some of the requirements prior to the Fair: Scouts should use the forms at the following link as evidence that some of the requirements have been completed prior to the classes: Pre-requisite Forms for Merit Badges
Offsite Locations: For the classes held at offsite locations, see your troop's Advancement Chair to get the address.
Parents must provide transportation to and from these offsite locations.